Most will tell you the Spring and Summer are the best times of year to jump into the real estate market. However, buying or selling in Autumn has some unique advantages. Below are six reasons to consider before you wait any longer to purchase or part with your current property.
Why SELL in the fall?
- There is less competition on the market which gives sellers an advantage.
- Have kids? It’s much easier to keep the house “show ready” when kids are in school.
- Vacations are over so there are more buyers in town.
- Buyers that are looking for homes in the fall are serious buyers.
- Who doesn’t love fall decor? Warm fall colors invite buyers in.
- Who wants to move while it’s 90 degrees?
Why BUY in the fall?
- Houses that have been on the market awhile are ready to deal – some of the best deals of the year are made in the fall.
- It’s so much easier to look while the kids are at school, right?
- Avoid multiple offers – less competition for hot new properties.
- Take advantage of year-end sales to furnish your new home.
- Price reductions typically start to happen in August – houses that you thought were out of your range in the spring will come into view.
- Easier to book closings, movers, inspections…everything!
Still unsure? Give HusVar Real Estate a call and we’ll give you a NO OBLIGATION market assessment and key insights to the local WNY market. Most of us grew up here – Buffalonians to the core. Don’t get left in the cold, contact HusVar today.